This interactive program reveals the key actions a leader must take to connect with and engage others: build trust, leverage unique motivators, manage performance from a people-centric perspective, and engage people emotionally.
By committing to these four cornerstones of engagement, leaders can unleash the potential of others and inspire effective performance.
This session will focus on:
- Engagement and engaging leadership: why now?
- Are you an engaging leader? (a self-assessment)
- A strategy for acting on your personal assessment
- The four cornerstones of engaging leadership
- Recognize and leverage unique motivators, Take a people-centric approach to performance management, Engage individuals’ emotions, Build and maintain trust.
- Applying engaging leadership to your workplace
The approach used in this course will help leaders at all levels of an organization increase the engagement of others and foster more effective performance. This session will incorporate a self-assessment that helps participants understand how they demonstrate engaging leadership right now and then create a plan for becoming a more engaging leader. Working with partners and small groups during the course, participants will practice various skills and approaches, walking away with key practices they can put into action immediately.
- Connect common understandings of engagement on an organizational level to what an individual leader can do to increase engagement and affect performance
- Utilize a framework for understanding engagement and engaging leadership
- Build trust in a more holistic way
- Hold conversations with others about what uniquely motivates them to perform
- Recognize the value of a people-centric approach in order to increase engagement and effective performance in the workplace
- Discuss how emotions influence engagement and individuals’ interest in participating in organizational change
- Describe “best practices” for creating an engaging culture of leadership
Detail of course on demand.
Who should attend:
This program is intended for leaders at all levels of an organization who need to increase the engagement of others and foster more effective performance.